Methodism came to the Beaver area in the late 1700s as a stop on the "Red Path Circuit" of traveling Ministers on Horseback. In or around 1820 volunteer members built a one room church on land near the present pier of the CSX railroad bridge. In 1829 a second church building was built in what is now known as Irvine Square and known as the Beaver Methodist Episcopal Church. Money toward the construction was donated by Father Rapp, leader of the Harmonists in Ambridge. Between 1864 and 1870 as a larger church was needed, the church was torn down and a large sanctuary built. [During construction the congregation met in the Beaver Court House.]
Women of the church raised money for purchase and installation of the first church bell in Beaver.
In 1900 - 1907 a larger church being needed, the present sanctuary was constructed. The bell from the previous church was installed and is still being rung.